- Estimating Climate Sensitivity Using Two-Zone Energy Balance Models
(15-minute interview on the Faculti Platform https://faculti.net/about/, 5 April 2022)
- Polar sea ice and the climate catastrophe narrative (14 December 2021).
- Interview with Gript Media, 16 September 2021. The Science is not Settled
- Response to DCC’s Reply to Our Comments on Dublin City Council’s Climate Change Action Plan 2019-2014 (by Ray Bates, Peter O’Neill and Fintan Ryan, 21 June 2021)
- Sea Level Rise and Dublin City Council’s Climate Change Action Plan 2019-2024 (by Ray Bates and Peter O’Neill, 12 April 2021)
- Submission to the EU (5 August 2020): “Response to the EU Commission’s call for Submissions on Anthropogenic Methane Emissions”
- What caused Hurricane Lorenzo? (28 October 2019)
- Deficiencies in the IPCC’s Special Report on 1.5 Degrees (Revised, 21 January 2019)
- What Caused Storm Ophelia? (by Ray Bates and Ray McGrath, 25 October 2017)
Newspaper Articles - most recent
- The Munster Express, 2 November 2021
"Can Ireland afford to be a global leader in tackling climate change" (page 27)
- Irish Farmers’ Journal, 20 December 2018
"Climate change policy must be backed up by solid science"
- Sunday Business Post, 22 July 2018
"Prudence is needed on climate change"
- Irish Farmers Journal, 18 May 2017
"Not climate fiction but real debate at the Farmers Journal"
- Irish Times, 1 July 2015
"Climate action: Preoccupation with level of farm emissions is misguided"
- Irish Farmers Journal, 21 May 2015
"Climate Action, Low Carbon and Irish Agriculture"
- Irish Times, Tuesday, May 13, 2014
“Warning of over-alarmist stance on climate risk”
- Sunday Business Post, September 29, 2013
"Climate change action has winners and losers"
- Irish Times, Saturday, January 15, 2011
“Take cold comfort . . . humans not solely to blame for bad winters”
- Sunday Business Post, August 23, 2009
“How real is the climate threat?”
- Irish Times, Mon 02 Feb 2009
“Global warming not over despite bad weather”
- Irish Times, Fri 26 Sept, 2008.
“Blame summer on our bad weather cycle”
- Irish Times, 29 December 2012
“How to Build a Habitable Planet: The Story of Earth from the Big Bang to Humankind” by Charles H. Langmuir and Wally Broecker.
- Irish Times, 31 March, 2012
“Climate Wars: What People Will be Killed for in the 21st Century” by Harald Welzer.